Vision correction treatment is a procedure that corrects your vision, typically using glasses or contact lenses. The goal of vision correction treatment is to improve your ability to see clearly without glasses or contacts, which can help you perform better at work and in school.
What to Expect During a Vision Correction Consultation
During a vision correction consultation, you will be asked about your medical history and lifestyle. The doctor may also perform a few tests to determine whether you are a good candidate for LASIK or PRK.
Questions to Ask During a Vision Correction Consultation
- What is the success rate of vision correction treatment?
- What is the cost of the vision correction treatment?
- How long does it take to complete an eye exam, fitting, and surgery for each procedure (i.e., LASIK or PRK)?
Questions to Ask About the Vision Correction Doctor
You can also ask questions about the doctor's experience and success rate with vision correction treatments. You will want to know how many procedures they have performed, what their success rate is, and whether they have any special training or certification in this area.
If you have a specific concern about your eyesight (for example, if you have astigmatism), ask about how that condition might affect your treatment options.
Questions to Ask About the Vision Correction Facility
- What types of vision correction treatments are offered at the facility?
- What safety measures are taken to ensure patient safety during vision correction treatments?
- What is the facility's success rate with vision correction treatments, and how do they define success (for example, what percentage of patients achieve 20/20 vision)?
Questions to Ask About Aftercare
- What type of aftercare is recommended following a vision correction treatment?
- What type of follow-up visits are necessary after a vision correction treatment?
- What types of lifestyle changes are recommended following a vision correction treatment, if any?
Questions to Ask About Insurance Coverage
- What is the estimated cost of the vision correction treatment?
- Does the facility accept insurance for vision correction treatments?
Questions to Ask About Financing Options
- What financing options are available?
- What is the interest rate for financing vision correction treatments?
- Are there any special offers or discounts available for vision correction treatments?
Questions to Ask About Alternative Treatments
- What are the alternative treatments available for vision correction?
- What are the benefits and risks of alternative treatments?
- Are there any lifestyle changes recommended with alternative treatments?
Questions to Ask About Vision Correction Technology
- What type of vision correction technology is used?
- How long do I expect the results of my surgery to last?
- What are some special features or benefits of this technology?
Now that you know what questions to ask during your vision correction consultation, you are sure to be set up for success and ready to address all your vision correction treatment concerns!Share